Sweet Potato Noodles with Basil Arugula Pesto
Makes 4 servings
2 large sweet potatoes, any variety
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups fresh basil leaves
2 cups arugula
1/2 cup grated parmesan
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, pressed
1/4 cup walnuts
1 lemon, juiced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Put a large pot of boiling water on and bring to a boil. Add the salt.
- Peel the sweet potatoes, using a shredder or a spiralizer to make “noodles” with the potatoes.
- Add the sweet potatoes to the boiling water and simmer for about 3 minutes, until softened and cooked thoroughly. Drain and set aside.
- In a food processor or strong blender, add the basil, arugula, parmesan, olive oil, garlic, walnuts, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Blend well until smooth. Check for taste, you might want to add more salt.
- Toss some of the pesto with the sweet potato noodles and serve warm.