Homemade Almond MilkPrint
Once you make this almond milk, you will never go back to buying it from the store. Delicious, creamy and organic!
1 cup whole, raw, organic almonds
4 cups filtered water, divided
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon raw, local honey
- Place almonds in a bowl. Boil one cup of the water and pour over the almonds. Let stand for one hour.
- Place the almonds with the water, and the remaining water into a blender (I use a Vitamix). Add the vanilla and honey
- Blend on high until well pureed and frothy.
- Pour the almond mixture through a fine sieve Into a bowl (I highly recommend using a nut bag, you can buy them at Whole Foods or here).
- Discard the solids and refrigerate your almond milk for up to five days. Shake well before serving.
I highly recommend using honey from a local source. Many honey brands found in stores have been found to be cut with corn syrup and other questionable ingredients.
You can keep the almond pulp and use it in cookies and other baked goods.