Homemade Almond Milk
Once you make this almond milk, you will never go back to buying it from the store. Delicious, creamy and organic!
1 cup whole, raw, organic almonds
4 cups filtered water, divided
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon raw, local honey*
- Place almond in a bowl. Boil one cup of the water and pour over the almonds. Let stand for one hour.
- Place the almonds with the water, and the remaining water into a blender (I use a Vitamix). Add the vanilla and honey
- Blend on high until well pureed and frothy.
- Pour the almond mixture through a fine sieve Into a bowl (I highly recommend using a nut bag, you can buy them at Whole Foods or here).
- Discard the solids and refrigerate your almond milk for up to five days. Shake well before serving.
* I highly recommend using honey from a local source. Many honey brands found in stores have been found to be cut with corn syrup and other questionable ingredients.
Copyright© Heather Carey, MS 2013