Monthly Cooking Menu
Cooking Classes in Connecticut
Step Into the Kitchen and Begin a Journey into Delicious Health!
JANUARY 2019 COOKING CLASSES
I teach my healthy cooking classes at the state of the art Green Palette Kitchen in Southport, CT.
Private Group Classes. I require a minimum of six people and a maximum of 10. Please Email me for availability to book your class.
Open Cooking Classes. Come by yourself or with a friend. I offer two class dates per month and require a minimum of four people.
Warming, Healing Winter Soups
A well-made soup is one of the nourishing and healing things you can make for yourself, particularly during the cold, dark winters. Ready to get back to healthy eating basics this new year? Learn the secrets to a perfect pot of soup (yes, there are secrets!) and why “souping” is considered the new juicing.
Butternut Squash Soup with Coconut and Ginger
Hearty Chicken Soup with Barley and Kale
Garlicky White Bean and Escarole Soup
Three Herb Drizzle
Class Dates: Tuesday, January 22nd (morning) or Thursday, January 24th (evening)
Price $140/per person
Where, When & Details
- The healthful cooking classes at the Green Palette Kitchen are held in the brand new, state of the art teaching kitchen at 59 Old Post Road, Southport, CT
- Classes are $140/per person
- Classes are demonstration and you will learn five, seasonal whole foods based recipes.
- At the end of the 2-hour lesson (which include tasting/eating, lively discussion and having a fun time!) you will take home a packet of the recipes, and any other important handouts.
- Come hungry! You will be eating the food we prepare. If there is enough leftover, you are welcome to bring some home.
- The monthly menu is the menu that will be used for private cooking lessons and cooking parties as well as more public cooking lessons. I am happy to accommodate other menus. Please email me for more information.
- To book your very own private class, I request a minimum of 6 people, maximum of 10
- Want to get in the kitchen and get hands-on? We can do that. Get in touch to find out how!
What Past Students Are Saying…
I love the cooking classes! There is a great mix of learning, demonstration, discussion, and tasting. I always come away with fresh information, new cooking skills, and tried, tested healthy recipes that I put right into the rotation. Heather’s enthusiasm is contagious – I am enjoying cooking more!
“It is so very rare to find in one person a master chef dedicated to organic foods and healthy living, combined with her expertise as a top quality educator in nutrition for kids, adults and people with medical conditions. As both a nutritionist and a chef, Heather Carey is a one stop shop for anyone looking to learn how to eat, learn how to cook deliciously healthy foods and gain the tools needed to take control of your health and wellness through food.”
I enjoyed the informality of the class because I felt I could ask any questions no matter how simple. And I came away feeling as though I had just eaten in a gourmet restaurant! And was delighted to take home your food!
“This class was very informative and lots of fun. The food was prepared in a quick and healthy way. All very delicious!”
Eileen P.“I’m consistently impressed with Heather’s professionalism and attention to detail, not only as a chef but also as a nutritionist. I love the cooking classes. There is a great mix of learning, demonstration, discussion, and tasting. I always come away with fresh information, new cooking skills, and tried, tested healthy recipes that I put right into the rotation. Heather’s enthusiasm is contagious – I am enjoying cooking more! Heather’s soups are exceptional! We had two family members going through major medical treatments and Heather’s nutrition-packed, delicious soups were a wonderful gift for them. Everything is thoughtfully planned and well prepared.”
“Today’s class was fantastic! I learned many skills, techniques and tips – too many to mention. There was nothing missing from this class!”
“Heather makes healthy cooking delicious and fun!”
“I loved all of the recipes! Absolutely delicious! I felt very comfortable asking questions and the flow of the class was perfect. I learned how to cook with healthy ingredients and I am looking forward to doing another class, thank you!!”