Kitchen Consciousness (Fall 2013)
Kitchen Consciousness is a hands-on experience of awareness and mindfulness that will get you feeling more connected and at peace with the most important room in your house – the kitchen. By the end of this series, you will hold a solid vision for your healthy eating goals for the year, learn the best tools, gadgets and techniques you need to make your new healthy cooking life easier and how to be an effective meal planner. We will also cover (and cook!) some of the foods that are key to healthy cooking. Be prepared to learn, gain confidence in your own kitchen, and of course,eat – all within a loving, supportive environment.
Here’s a taste of what you will get when you sign up for Kitchen Consciousness:
Week 1 Setting Up Our Kitchen with Awareness
The beginning of a new year is a significant time to start making changes, especially around our bodies, food and how we nourish ourselves. A vital aspect of this is preparation: no successful endeavor goes off well unless you are equipped to move forward. It is time to become friendly with your pantry and start treating it like a true member of the kitchen. In this week, we will learn:
- Why we need more consciousness in our kitchens;
- How to let go of food and equipment that is cluttering our body, our mind, and our space that no longer serves you;
- To create a natural, whole foods pantry filled with nourishing, pleasurable foods;
- What whole foods are and introduce the best pantry staples and equipment for you in order to make preparing and cooking healthy meals as easy as possible.
Week 2 Harmonious Meal Planning and Shopping
Week 1 taught us about the importance of setting our healthy eating intentions for the new year, opening up to receiving healthy food and equipment and exploring all our delicious possibilities for making healthy cooking a reality. This week is about taking the time to start planning and shopping. In week 2 we will:
- Effectively meal plan so there is no mystery in what we are eating for the week (no more “what’s for dinner?” at 5pm!);
- Learn HOW to shop and become a wise consumer;
- Discover how to enjoy cooking and not look at it as something to dread;
- Learn creative, yet practical tips to save your time and make your life more peaceful;
- Put together meals that YOU love with staples right from your newly created pantry.
Week 3 Conscious Cooking Class: Meals In Balance
Let’s put what we have learned into practice! In this hands on cooking class, we will dive more into the importance of whole foods – highlighting grains, beans and greens – and cook some delicious dishes using staples and newly discovered herbs, spices and other flavorful additions right from your newly created pantry. Be prepared to discuss, chop, and of course, eat (menus to follow at sign up)!
Week 4 Conscious Cooking Class: Seasonal Foods
Eating in season is an important part of our new commitment to eating healthier. Not only does food have more nutritional value in season, foods in season taste better too. We will discuss what it means to eat seasonally with fresh ingredients, where to find the best sources of local, seasonal fruits, vegetables and herbs, cook and, of course eat our delicious creations (menus to follow at sign up)!
If this is you:
- You have every intention of making some healthy changes this new year but feel overwhelmed with how to begin;
- You go to Whole Foods and buy two big bunches of the purple kale because not only does it look pretty, you know you “should” be eating it. What to do with it? That’s another thing;
- You study cooking shows on TV religiously and wonder how Martha and Rachel seem to make it so effortless;
- You have lots of cookbooks filled with beautiful pictures of impossible to make meals that never get made;
- You need some support and hand holding around this, but who wants to admit that they can’t get it together in the kitchen?
I know how you feel. It took me time to figure out and get in the groove of this very important part of our lives – eating healthy! Change is not always simple and easy. Once you learn the skills to have your kitchen humming along, the rewards will come through discovering what you love to eat and loving how you feel.
Sign up today to expand your awareness and
health in the kitchen!
Have questions about this series? Please contact me, I am always happy to share more about Kitchen Consciousness and answer any questions you may have. And enjoy my free, informative ebook, 10 Nourishing Secrets to get you thinking about a new you!