Monthly Cooking Menu (APRIL 2017)
Step into the kitchen and begin a journey into the love of cooking!
April 2017 Menu – Early Spring
Dates For Classes: Thursday April 6th 10:30am (sold out!) or Wednesday April 26th 7pm
Have a group of interested friends but can make these dates? Email Heather to set up a date for your very own class (minimum 4 people)
Where, When & Details
- The healthful cooking classes at the Green Palette Kitchen are held in the brand new, state of the art teaching kitchen at 71 Old Post Road, Southport, CT
- Classes are demonstration and you will learn five, seasonal whole foods based recipes.
- At the end of the 2-hour lesson (which include tasting/eating, lively discussion and having a fun time!) you will take home a packet of the recipes, other important handouts and any leftover food we may have.
- Come hungry! You will be eating the food we prepare. If there is enough leftover, you are welcome to bring some home.
- The monthly menu is the menu that will be used for private cooking lessons and cooking parties as well as more public cooking lessons. I am happy to accommodate other menus. Please email me for more information.
What Past Students Are Saying…
I love the cooking classes! There is a great mix of learning, demonstration, discussion, and tasting. I always come away with fresh information, new cooking skills, and tried, tested healthy recipes that I put right into the rotation. Heather’s enthusiasm is contagious – I am enjoying cooking more!
“It is so very rare to find in one person a master chef dedicated to organic foods and healthy living, combined with her expertise as a top quality educator in nutrition for kids, adults and people with medical conditions. As both a nutritionist and a chef, Heather Carey is a one stop shop for anyone looking to learn how to eat, learn how to cook deliciously healthy foods and gain the tools needed to take control of your health and wellness through food.”
I enjoyed the informality of the class because I felt I could ask any questions no matter how simple. And I came away feeling as though I had just eaten in a gourmet restaurant! And was delighted to take home your food!
“This class was very informative and lots of fun. The food was prepared in a quick and healthy way. All very delicious!”
Eileen P.“I’m consistently impressed with Heather’s professionalism and attention to detail, not only as a chef but also as a nutritionist. I love the cooking classes. There is a great mix of learning, demonstration, discussion, and tasting. I always come away with fresh information, new cooking skills, and tried, tested healthy recipes that I put right into the rotation. Heather’s enthusiasm is contagious – I am enjoying cooking more! Heather’s soups are exceptional! We had two family members going through major medical treatments and Heather’s nutrition-packed, delicious soups were a wonderful gift for them. Everything is thoughtfully planned and well prepared.”
“Today’s class was fantastic! I learned many skills, techniques and tips – too many to mention. There was nothing missing from this class!”
“Heather makes healthy cooking delicious and fun!”
“I loved all of the recipes! Absolutely delicious! I felt very comfortable asking questions and the flow of the class was perfect. I learned how to cook with healthy ingredients and I am looking forward to doing another class, thank you!!”